Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One HOT August Day, One shy two year old, and One Copperhead Snake - Murfreesboro Portrait Session

My first August session, and it was HOT!! I often suggest for this age we go outside for a session, since it is so difficult for them in a studio setting. I take that back, this probably applies to every month except August, LOL! We even scheduled it early to beat the heat, Ha! It has been about a year since I last photographer Alex, he was a shy boy for this session. We have a whole lot of serious shots! We ventured to the creek, that often will break a kid out of their shell! Then we saw the biggest snake I have ever seen in the wild. Jon said it looked like a Copperhead, so I googled it and sure enough it was a Copperhead! I actually had them all sitting at that very spot about 30 minutes before we saw the snake. Smack... that is the sound of me slapping myself on the forehead.... why didn't I take a picture of that snake???

Anyway here are a few of Alex.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you like me and find yourself talking so loudly and splashing around in the creek to scare off snakes as you're enticing families to come down there and play? it's one of my biggest fears about photographing in the wild - a snake bite!