Thursday, July 26, 2007

Going green

Lately I have decided that I want to be more eco-friendly. We started recycling a while back and are now thinking about stopping our bottle water purchases and buying a water cooler for the 5 gallon jugs. I bought some reusable shopping bags and even produce bags from http://www.ecobags.com/, I intend on keeping them in the car at all times and using them for every purchase. I also bought some new cat litter called Swheat-Scoop, it is made from naturally processed wheat and is much better environmentally in many ways. So now I am thinking about ways to make my studio more eco-friendly. I love my packaging, but am looking into alternatives that are made from re-cycled materials. So far I haven't had a whole lot of luck, just not much for photographers out there. Although you can help by re-using the boxes that you get from me to deliver the prints to your family in, also by using them to store your old prints that you no longer hang on your wall. I am not sure if they are re-recyclable or not, I am checking in on that. The pretty bags that your prints come in would make great gift bags for anyone. I don't have any logos or stamping on my bags, so they would be great for that purpose. I really don't have a lot of printed material and use e-mail for corresponding most of the time. If you have any more ideas for me personally or my studio, feel free to pass them on.

No comments: